Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the broadcom tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2025 12:20:12 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the broadcom tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-rp1.c: In function 'rp1_gpio_irq_handler':
drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-rp1.c:385:36: error: implicit declaration of function 'irq_linear_revmap' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  385 |                 generic_handle_irq(irq_linear_revmap(pc->gpio_chip.irq.domain,
      |                                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  f4b3c1c25d39 ("pinctrl: rp1: Implement RaspberryPi RP1 gpio support")

interatcing with commit

  14ebb11ba895 ("irqdomain: Drop irq_linear_revmap()")

from Linus' tree.

I have applied the following merge fix patch.

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2025 12:07:49 +1000
Subject: [PATCH] fix up for "pinctrl: rp1: Implement RaspberryPi RP1 gpio
 support"

interacting with commit

  14ebb11ba895 ("irqdomain: Drop irq_linear_revmap()")

from Linus' tree.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-rp1.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-rp1.c b/drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-rp1.c
index 7ff2db0320ba..8c70ea0fc160 100644
--- a/drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-rp1.c
+++ b/drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-rp1.c
@@ -382,7 +382,7 @@ static void rp1_gpio_irq_handler(struct irq_desc *desc)
 		struct rp1_pin_info *pin = rp1_get_pin(chip, bit_pos);
 
 		regmap_field_write(pin->gpio[RP1_GPIO_CTRL_IRQRESET_SET], 1);
-		generic_handle_irq(irq_linear_revmap(pc->gpio_chip.irq.domain,
+		generic_handle_irq(irq_find_mapping(pc->gpio_chip.irq.domain,
 						     bank->gpio_offset + bit_pos));
 	}
 
-- 
2.47.2

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

P.S. did you get the message about "no new stuff in -next until the end
of the merge window"?