Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm-misc tree with the drm-misc-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2025 12:08:01 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm-misc tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_hdmi.c

between commit:

  c0317ad44f45 ("drm/vc4: fix infinite EPROBE_DEFER loop")

from the drm-misc-fixes tree and commit:

  d9f9bae6752f ("drm/bridge: allow limiting I2S formats")

from the drm-misc tree.

I fixed it up (the former removes code updated by the latter, so I just
removed the code) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed
as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should
be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell