Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-misc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2025 13:55:11 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the drm-misc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/megachips-stdpxxxx-ge-b850v3-fw.c: In function 'ge_b850v3_lvds_detect':
drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/megachips-stdpxxxx-ge-b850v3-fw.c:145:16: error: too few arguments to function 'ge_b850v3_lvds_bridge_detect'
  145 |         return ge_b850v3_lvds_bridge_detect(&ge_b850v3_lvds_ptr->bridge);
      |                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/megachips-stdpxxxx-ge-b850v3-fw.c:124:1: note: declared here
  124 | ge_b850v3_lvds_bridge_detect(struct drm_bridge *bridge, struct drm_connector *connector)
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/megachips-stdpxxxx-ge-b850v3-fw.c:146:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
  146 | }
      | ^

Caused by commit

  5d156a9c3d5e ("drm/bridge: Pass down connector to drm bridge detect hook")

I have used the drm-misc tree from next-20250714 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell