Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm tree with the drm-misc-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2025 14:41:40 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/virtio/virtgpu_prime.c

between commit:

  0ecfb8ddb953 ("Revert "drm/virtio: Use dma_buf from GEM object instance"")

from the drm-misc-fixes tree and commit:

  44b6535d8ace ("drm/virtio: Fix NULL pointer deref in virtgpu_dma_buf_free_obj()")

from the drm tree.

I fixed it up (I used the latter version - reverting the former by hand)
and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell