Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the rust tree with the driver-core tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2025 21:01:05 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rust tree got a conflict in:

  rust/kernel/devres.rs

between commit:

  f5d3ef25d238 ("rust: devres: get rid of Devres' inner Arc")

from the driver-core tree and commits:

  fcad9bbf9e1a ("rust: enable `clippy::ptr_as_ptr` lint")
  23773bd8da71 ("rust: enable `clippy::as_ptr_cast_mut` lint")

from the rust tree.

I fixed it up (I basically took the former version) and can carry the
fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want
to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell