Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2025 11:42:46 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-ptp.c

between commit:

  fbd47be098b5 ("amd-xgbe: add hardware PTP timestamping support")

from the net-next tree and commit:

  e78f70bad29c ("time/timecounter: Fix the lie that struct cyclecounter is const")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (the former removed the function updated by the latter) and
can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell