Subject: [PATCH v2 2/2] kunit: Only output a test plan if we're using kunit_array_gen_params

From: David Gow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2025 21:54:45 +0800

In 6a2a027e254b ("kunit: Enable direct registration of parameter arrays to a KUnit test"),
we now output a test plan for parameterised tests which use parameter
arrays. This uses the size of the array (via the ARRAY_SIZE macro) to
determine the number of subtests, which otherwise was indeterminate.

However some tests (particularly xe_pci.check_platform_gt_count) use
their own gen_params function which further filters the array, resulting
in the test plan being inaccurate (and hence kunit.py failing).

For now, only print the test plan line if the gen_params function is the
provided kunit_array_gen_params. Unfortunately, this catches a lot of
tests which would work, but at least makes sure we don't regress
anything until we can rework how some of these macros function.

Fixes: 6a2a027e254b ("kunit: Enable direct registration of parameter arrays to a KUnit test")
Signed-off-by: David Gow <[email-masked]>
---

No changes since v1:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-kselftest/[email-masked]/

(The change was in patch 1.)

---
 lib/kunit/test.c | 4 +++-
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lib/kunit/test.c b/lib/kunit/test.c
index b661407ad0a3..bb66ea1a3eac 100644
--- a/lib/kunit/test.c
+++ b/lib/kunit/test.c
@@ -732,10 +732,12 @@ int kunit_run_tests(struct kunit_suite *suite)
 				  "KTAP version 1\n");
 			kunit_log(KERN_INFO, &test, KUNIT_SUBTEST_INDENT KUNIT_SUBTEST_INDENT
 				  "# Subtest: %s", test_case->name);
-			if (test.params_array.params)
+			if (test.params_array.params &&
+			    test_case->generate_params == kunit_array_gen_params) {
 				kunit_log(KERN_INFO, &test, KUNIT_SUBTEST_INDENT
 					  KUNIT_SUBTEST_INDENT "1..%zd\n",
 					  test.params_array.num_params);
+			}
 
 			while (curr_param) {
 				struct kunit param_test = {
-- 
2.51.0.rc2.233.g662b1ed5c5-goog