Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the rust-alloc tree with the mm-unstable tree and Linus' tree.

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2025 17:30:41 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rust-alloc tree got a conflict in:

  rust/kernel/alloc/allocator_test.rs

between commits:

  501046225a67 ("rust: alloc: fix missing import needed for `rusttest`")
  c8a3b6ec0370 ("rust: add support for NUMA ids in allocations")

from the mm-unstable tree and

  0f580d5d3d9d ("rust: alloc: fix `rusttest` by providing `Cmalloc::aligned_layout` too")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  fe927defbb4f ("rust: alloc: remove `allocator_test`")

from the rust-alloc tree.

I fixed it up (I removed the file) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell