Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the slab tree with the mm-unstable tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2025 16:29:51 +1000

Hi all,

FIXME: Add owner of second tree to To:
       Add author(s)/SOB of conflicting commits.

Today's linux-next merge of the slab tree got a conflict in:

  tools/testing/vma/vma_internal.h

between commit:

  da018ebb7157 ("tools/testing/vma: clean up stubs in vma_internal.h")

from the mm-unstable tree and commits:

  cbb6a30df135 ("tools/testing/vma: Implement vm_refcnt reset")
  6602bcbdfbad ("tools/testing: Add support for changes to slab for sheaves")

from the slab tree.

I fixed it up (I used the latter version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell