Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the iwlwifi-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2025 14:52:39 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the iwlwifi-next tree, today's linux-next build (arm64
defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/iwl-drv.c:180:13: warning: 'iwl_drv_is_wifi7_supported' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
  180 | static bool iwl_drv_is_wifi7_supported(struct iwl_trans *trans)
      |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/pcie/gen1_2/trans.c: In function 'iwl_pci_gen1_2_probe':
drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/pcie/gen1_2/trans.c:4222:13: error: implicit declaration of function 'iwl_drv_is_wifi7_supported' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
 4222 |         if (iwl_drv_is_wifi7_supported(iwl_trans)) {
      |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  1f9285c0c2eb ("wifi: iwlwifi: be more chatty when we fail to find a wifi7 device")

$ grep CONFIG_IWLMLD .config
# CONFIG_IWLMLD is not set

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell