Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the block tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 16:25:53 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the block tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 defconfig
clang-17) failed like this:

io_uring/fdinfo.c:103:22: error: variable 'sqe' is uninitialized when used here [-Werror,-Wuninitialized]
  103 |                 opcode = READ_ONCE(sqe->opcode);
      |                                    ^~~
./include/asm-generic/rwonce.h:50:14: note: expanded from macro 'READ_ONCE'
   50 |         __READ_ONCE(x);                                                 \
        AR      drivers/irqchip/built-in.a
|                     ^
./include/asm-generic/rwonce.h:44:72: note: expanded from macro '__READ_ONCE'
   44 | #define __READ_ONCE(x)  (*(const volatile __unqual_scalar_typeof(x) *)&(x))
      |                                                                         ^
io_uring/fdinfo.c:92:27: note: initialize the variable 'sqe' to silence this warning
   92 |                 struct io_uring_sqe *sqe;
      |                                         ^
      |                                          = NULL
1 error generated.

Introduced by commit

  31dc41afdef2 ("io_uring: add support for IORING_SETUP_SQE_MIXED")

See the KerneCI report here:
https://d.kernelci.org/i/maestro:764471d48b9e1faab06d96f79a325cdcf2a995b7

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell