Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2025 10:19:31 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the sound-asoc-fixes tree, today's linux-next build
(x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

sound/soc/sdw_utils/soc_sdw_utils.c:316:18: error: 'struct asoc_sdw_codec_info' has no member named 'name_prefix'
  316 |                 .name_prefix = "rt1320",
      |                  ^~~~~~~~~~~
sound/soc/sdw_utils/soc_sdw_utils.c:316:32: error: initialization of 'int' from 'char *' makes integer from pointer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
  316 |                 .name_prefix = "rt1320",
      |                                ^~~~~~~~
sound/soc/sdw_utils/soc_sdw_utils.c:316:32: note: (near initialization for 'codec_info_list[12].version_id')
sound/soc/sdw_utils/soc_sdw_utils.c:316:32: error: initializer element is not computable at load time
sound/soc/sdw_utils/soc_sdw_utils.c:316:32: note: (near initialization for 'codec_info_list[12].version_id')
sound/soc/sdw_utils/soc_sdw_utils.c:564:18: error: 'struct asoc_sdw_codec_info' has no member named 'name_prefix'
  564 |                 .name_prefix = "AMP",
      |                  ^~~~~~~~~~~
sound/soc/sdw_utils/soc_sdw_utils.c:564:32: error: initialization of 'int' from 'char *' makes integer from pointer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
  564 |                 .name_prefix = "AMP",
      |                                ^~~~~
sound/soc/sdw_utils/soc_sdw_utils.c:564:32: note: (near initialization for 'codec_info_list[23].version_id')
sound/soc/sdw_utils/soc_sdw_utils.c:564:32: error: initializer element is not computable at load time
sound/soc/sdw_utils/soc_sdw_utils.c:564:32: note: (near initialization for 'codec_info_list[23].version_id')

Caused by commits

  3293d3d7b088 ("ASoC: sdw_utils: add name_prefix for rt1321 part id")
  61eb4112a8fb ("ASoC: soc_sdw_utils: add cs35l57 support")

But something else has changed because 3293d3d7b088 was also in
yesterday's linux-next - which did not fail to build.

I have used the sound-asoc-fixes tree from next-20251022 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell