Subject: Re: Add tenstorrent to linux-next

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2025 09:19:47 +1100

Hi Drew,

On Tue, 4 Nov 2025 12:37:33 -0800 Drew Fustini <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I have setup device tree branches for Tenstorrent RISC-V SoCs, and I
> would like to add them to linux-next for testing coverage. I have sent a
> v6.19 PR to Arnd to add the Tenstorrent Blachkole SoC device tree [1].
> 
> tenstorrent-dt-fixes git https://github.com/tenstorrent/linux.git#tenstorrent-dt-fixes
> tenstorrent-dt-for-next git https://github.com/tenstorrent/linux.git#tenstorrent-dt-for-next

Added from today (I called the second "tenstorrent-dt").  I have just
you as contact so far - should I add anyone else?

Also, should I update your other trees (thead-clk, thead-clk-fixes,
thead-dt and thead-dt-fixes) to use your kernel.org address as contact?

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]