Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the libcrypto tree

From: Eric Biggers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2025 19:55:21 -0800

On Thu, Nov 06, 2025 at 02:36:23PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> After merging the libcrypto tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
> produced this warning:
> 
> WARNING: /home/sfr/kernels/next/next/include/crypto/sha3.h:74 This comment starts with '/**', but isn't a kernel-doc comment. Refer Documentation/doc-guide/kernel-doc.rst
>  * Zeroize a sha3_ctx.  This is already called by sha3_final().  Call this
> 
> Introduced by commit
> 
>   58873ecf091b ("lib/crypto: sha3: Add SHA-3 support")

Thanks.  Do you know if there's an easy way to find these ahead of time?
I usually run './scripts/kernel-doc -v -none ${filename}' to catch
kerneldoc issues.  I did run it on include/crypto/sha3.h, but for some
reason it doesn't detect this issue.

'make htmldocs' doesn't find it either, but does generate a bunch of
unrelated warnings.  I may be missing an option to make it even more
verbose.  Either way, it's also slow to run.

- Eric