Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the ntfs3 tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2025 09:57:33 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the ntfs3 tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

fs/ntfs3/super.c: In function 'ntfs_init_from_boot':
fs/ntfs3/super.c:951:9: error: ignoring return value of 'sb_min_blocksize' declared with attribute 'warn_unused_result' [-Werror=unused-result]
  951 |         sb_min_blocksize(sb, PAGE_SIZE);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  c1b61f715e4d ("ntfs: set dummy blocksize to read boot_block when mounting")

Exposed by commit

  8637fa89e678 ("block: add __must_check attribute to sb_min_blocksize()")

from the vfs-brauner-fixes tree.

I have reverted that commit from the ntfs3 tree for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell