Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the arm64 tree with the mm-unstable tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2025 11:21:44 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the arm64 tree got a conflict in:

  arch/arm64/mm/mmu.c

between commit:

  2b9cdb805fcd ("mm: make INVALID_PHYS_ADDR a generic macro")

from the mm-unstable tree and commit:

  bfc184cb1ba7 ("arm64/mm: Allow __create_pgd_mapping() to propagate pgtable_alloc() errors")

from the arm64 tree.

I fixed it up (the latter moved the INVALID_PHYS_ADDR define so I removed
it from its new place, and there was no conflict left) and can carry the
fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want
to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell