Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the nfs tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2025 11:19:42 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the nfs tree got a conflict in:

  fs/nfs/localio.c

between commits:

  94afb627dfc2 ("nfs: use credential guards in nfs_local_call_read()")
  bff3c841f7bd ("nfs: use credential guards in nfs_local_call_write()")
  1d18101a644e ("Merge tag 'kernel-6.19-rc1.cred' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vfs/vfs")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  30a4385509b4 ("nfs/localio: fix regression due to out-of-order __put_cred")

from the nfs tree.

I fixed it up (I just dropped the nfs tree commit) and can carry the
fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want
to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell