Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs-brauner tree with the mm-nonmm-unstable tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2025 16:16:42 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the fs-next tree got a conflict in:

  kernel/pid.c

between commit:

  0367a5dd4b09 ("pid: only take pidmap_lock once on alloc")

from the mm-nonmm-unstable tree and commit:

  6d864a1b1825 ("pid: only take pidmap_lock once on alloc")

from the fs-next tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the latter) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell