Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the renesas tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2026 13:38:54 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  arch/arm64/boot/dts/renesas/r9a09g077.dtsi

between commit:

  2d8568dddc7b ("arm64: dts: renesas: r9a09g077: Add ICU support")

from the renesas tree and commit:

  9b1138aef9a2 ("arm64: dts: renesas: r9a09g077: Add ICU support")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (I arbitrarily used the former version) and can carry the
fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want
to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell