Subject: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the mediatek tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2026 15:55:46 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the mediatek tree, today's linux-next build (arm64
defconfig) produced these warnings:

arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7981b-openwrt-one.dts:98.3-13: Warning (reg_format): /soc/ethernet@15100000/mac@0:reg: property has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7981b-openwrt-one.dts:108.3-13: Warning (reg_format): /soc/ethernet@15100000/mac@1:reg: property has invalid length (4 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7981b-openwrt-one.dtb: Warning (pci_device_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7981b-openwrt-one.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7981b-openwrt-one.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7981b-openwrt-one.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7981b-openwrt-one.dts:96.15-103.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/ethernet@15100000/mac@0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7981b-openwrt-one.dts:96.15-103.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/ethernet@15100000/mac@0: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7981b-openwrt-one.dts:106.15-111.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/ethernet@15100000/mac@1: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7981b-openwrt-one.dts:106.15-111.4: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/ethernet@15100000/mac@1: Relying on default #size-cells value

Introduced by commit

  ecc68d72b50d ("arm64: dts: mediatek: mt7981b-openwrt-one: Enable Ethernet")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell