Subject: Re: Fixes tags could use some work in the pci tree

From: Bjorn Helgaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2026 17:13:52 -0600

[+cc Mani (should be cc'd for all PCI emails like this), Aksh, Koichiro]

On Mon, Feb 02, 2026 at 11:48:44AM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
> In commit
> 
>   b386d03d6aad2 ("PCI: dwc: ep: Add per-PF BAR and inbound ATU mapping support")
> 
> Fixes tag
> 
>   Fixes: cfbc98dbf44d ("PCI: dwc: ep: Support BAR subrange inbound mapping via Address Match Mode iATU")
> 
> has these problem(s):
> 
>   - Target SHA1 does not exist

Thanks, Mark.

cfbc98dbf44d is now cc839bef7727 ("PCI: dwc: ep: Support BAR subrange
inbound mapping via Address Match Mode iATU") (same patch, different
SHA1) because I rewrapped a comment in the patch.

I updated the b386d03d6aad2 commit log to mention cc839bef7727
instead.

Both b386d03d6aad2 and cc839bef7727 are queued on pci/controller/dwc
for v6.20.  Ideally, I think they would be reordered so we don't add
something that's broken, and then have to fix it in the same merge
window.

But I guess it should be fixed enough to avoid this warning.

Bjorn