Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the nand tree

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2026 12:07:50 +0200

Hi all,

After merging the nand tree, today's linux-next build (all of them)
failed like this:

    /srv/kbuild/next/linux.git/drivers/spi/spi-airoha-snfi.c: In function 'airoha_snand_dirmap_create':
    /srv/kbuild/next/linux.git/drivers/spi/spi-airoha-snfi.c:549:50: error: passing argument 2 of 'airoha_snand_supports_op' from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
      549 |         if (!airoha_snand_supports_op(desc->mem, &desc->info.op_tmpl))
          |                                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          |                                                  |
          |                                                  struct spi_mem_op **
    /srv/kbuild/next/linux.git/drivers/spi/spi-airoha-snfi.c:519:63: note: expected 'const struct spi_mem_op *' but argument is of type 'struct spi_mem_op **'
      519 |                                      const struct spi_mem_op *op)
          |                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~
    /srv/kbuild/next/linux.git/drivers/spi/spi-airoha-snfi.c: In function 'airoha_snand_dirmap_read':
    /srv/kbuild/next/linux.git/drivers/spi/spi-airoha-snfi.c:575:36: error: 'desc->info.op_tmpl' is a pointer; did you mean to use '->'?
      575 |         opcode = desc->info.op_tmpl.cmd.opcode;
          |                                    ^
          |                                    ->
    /srv/kbuild/next/linux.git/drivers/spi/spi-airoha-snfi.c: In function 'airoha_snand_dirmap_write':
    /srv/kbuild/next/linux.git/drivers/spi/spi-airoha-snfi.c:764:36: error: 'desc->info.op_tmpl' is a pointer; did you mean to use '->'?
      764 |         opcode = desc->info.op_tmpl.cmd.opcode;
          |                                    ^
          |                                    ->

Caused by commit

    56b2c0848273 ("spi: spi-mem: Transform the read operation template")

I'm going to roll this back and revert to yesterday's tree.

Thanks,
Thierry