Subject: [PATCH 1/2] scsi: Move scsi_cmd->jiffies_at_alloc initialization to allocation time

From: Brian King <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 17:13:20 -0500

Move the initialization of scsi_cmd->jiffies_at_alloc to allocation
time rather than prep time. Also ensure that jiffies_at_alloc
is preserved when we go through prep. This lets us send retries
through prep again and not break the overall retry timer logic
in scsi_softirq_done.

Suggested-by: Bart Van Assche <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Brian King <[email-masked]>
---

Index: linux-2.6.git/drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.git.orig/drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c
+++ linux-2.6.git/drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c
@@ -1154,6 +1154,7 @@ void scsi_init_command(struct scsi_devic
 	void *buf = cmd->sense_buffer;
 	void *prot = cmd->prot_sdb;
 	unsigned int unchecked_isa_dma = cmd->flags & SCMD_UNCHECKED_ISA_DMA;
+	unsigned long jiffies_at_alloc = cmd->jiffies_at_alloc;
 
 	/* zero out the cmd, except for the embedded scsi_request */
 	memset((char *)cmd + sizeof(cmd->req), 0,
@@ -1164,7 +1165,7 @@ void scsi_init_command(struct scsi_devic
 	cmd->prot_sdb = prot;
 	cmd->flags = unchecked_isa_dma;
 	INIT_DELAYED_WORK(&cmd->abort_work, scmd_eh_abort_handler);
-	cmd->jiffies_at_alloc = jiffies;
+	cmd->jiffies_at_alloc = jiffies_at_alloc;
 
 	scsi_add_cmd_to_list(cmd);
 }
@@ -2119,6 +2120,7 @@ static int scsi_init_rq(struct request_q
 	if (!cmd->sense_buffer)
 		goto fail;
 	cmd->req.sense = cmd->sense_buffer;
+	cmd->jiffies_at_alloc = jiffies;
 
 	if (scsi_host_get_prot(shost) >= SHOST_DIX_TYPE0_PROTECTION) {
 		cmd->prot_sdb = kmem_cache_zalloc(scsi_sdb_cache, gfp);