Subject: Re: #pragma GCC warnings (was: Re: [PATCH] crypto: drbg - use pragmas for disabling optimization)

From: Stephan Mueller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 15:01:14 +0200

Am Dienstag, 23. Juni 2015, 17:21:06 schrieb Herbert Xu:

Hi Herbert,

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 11:17:23AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > I get that too with m68k-linux-gcc-4.6.3 and m68k-linux-gcc-4.9.0.
> > 
> > With m68k-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1, which is still my default cross-compiler due
> > to the good unused warning reporting, I get:
> > 
> > crypto/jitterentropy.c:235: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC push_options
> > crypto/jitterentropy.c:236: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC optimize
> > crypto/jitterentropy.c:266: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC pop_options
> > crypto/jitterentropy.c:295: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC push_options
> > crypto/jitterentropy.c:296: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC optimize
> > crypto/jitterentropy.c:336: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC pop_options
> > crypto/jitterentropy.c:385: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC push_options
> > crypto/jitterentropy.c:386: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC optimize
> > crypto/jitterentropy.c:416: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC pop_options
> > crypto/jitterentropy.c:517: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC push_options
> > crypto/jitterentropy.c:518: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC optimize
> > crypto/jitterentropy.c:580: warning: ignoring #pragma GCC pop_options
> 
> Stephan, could you look into moving the relevant functions into
> its own file which can then be compiled with -O0? Obviously any
> dependency on kernel header files would have to be hidden using
> functions outside of this file.

I have separated all so far. However, there are two items left where I am not 
sure about:

- asm/types.h: I need __u64

- linux/bitops.h: I need rol64

Can I safely include both header files or do I have to hide them too. If yes, 
how would I do that in a way that is satisfactory?

Thanks.

-- 
Ciao
Stephan