Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Sep 24 (htmldocs / pdfdocs)

From: Akira Yokosawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2025 23:15:08 +0900

Hi Randy,

On Wed, 24 Sep 2025 10:54:18 -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On 9/24/25 7:41 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> 
>> There will be no -next releases Tuesday and Wednesday next week, and
>> it's possible I might run out of time on Monday.
>> 
> 
> When I run 'make O=DOCS htmldocs', I see these warning messages:
> 
> ../Documentation/Makefile:70: warning: overriding recipe for target 'pdfdocs'
> ../Documentation/Makefile:61: warning: ignoring old recipe for target 'pdfdocs'
> 
> 
> Is this a known issue?

I could reproduce these warnings under containers who have minimal
packages needed for htmldocs *only*.

Current "docs-mw" branch doesn't show them.  "build-scripts" is the
one who carries this harmless regression.

By "harmless", I mean "pdfdocs" needs texlive packages anyway.

HTH,

Akira