Subject: Re: [PATCH] ASoC: Intel: avs: replace strcmp with sysfs_streq

From: Cezary Rojewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2025 11:03:05 +0100

On 2025-12-24 12:35 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2025 at 11:05:56AM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> 
>> I believe it's a false positive, too.
>> Or is it about potentially unterminated strings?
> 
> Regardless of the warning being spurious or not the cleanup seems like a
> sensible one.

Right now I leaning towards Amadeusz' opinion - looks like we're masking 
an issue. id->tplg_name is being used in strcmp() context few times in 
this file yet compiler complains about one particular location.

gcc-16 is quite recent. It's good that we get the kernel building but 
after the Christmas break some digging may be in order : )

Brahmajit,

While I'm sure you did, just to be sure - did you try clean-rebuild with 
the 44-hardcode proposed by Amadeusz? We wouldn't want any old-artifacts 
to get in the way.

Kind regards,
Czarek