Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the ubifs tree

From: Artem Bityutskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:23:21 +0300

Hi Stephen

Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Today's linux-next merge of the ubifs tree got conflicts in
> fs/ubifs/budget.c, fs/ubifs/debug.c, fs/ubifs/dir.c, fs/ubifs/file.c,
> fs/ubifs/io.c, fs/ubifs/journal.c, fs/ubifs/shrinker.c, fs/ubifs/tnc.c
> and fs/ubifs/xattr.c between commit
> 1e51764a3c2ac05a23a22b2a95ddee4d9bffb16d ("UBIFS: add new flash file
> system") from Linus' tree and various commits from the ubifs tree.

Yes, right. I guess I should have informed you about this, apologies.

UBIFS is rather non-typical things for -next I guess.

No one is interested in UBIFS history _before_ it got into mainline,
which is about several hundred commits. Thus, we folded these all
into few huge large commits, in order not to garbage the mainline
tree.

I have amended the 'for_andrew' branch of ubifs-2.6.git, and now it
has the same commits as in Linus's tree. But it is still based on
2.6.26 release.

-- 
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)