Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for August 27

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:37:37 +0200

Jens Axboe wrote:
>> On the somehow related topic - CONFIG_DEBUG_BLOCK_EXT_DEVT which is
>> introduced by commit 3e5ba59bbab878f60b8b87004ac55a464bddc819 ("block:
>> implement CONFIG_DEBUG_BLOCK_EXT_DEVT") is way too intrusive to be
>> enabled by default if CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL is set as it easily results
>> in no longer bootable systems (+ help entry for the new option says
>> "Say N if you are unsure.").
>>
>> Tejun/Jens: please consider changing this.
> 
> I have change the default to 'n' for now.

Hmmm... it broke booting?  Bart, can you please elaborate a bit what got
broken?  Did it fail to locate the root partition or were you using
static device nodes?

Thanks.

-- 
tejun