Subject: Re: linux-next: xfs tree build failure

From: Eric Sandeen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 23:20:10 -0600

Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi David,
> 
> The build of next-20081203 (sh titan_defconfig, powerpc ppc6xx_defconfig,
> mips defconfig, m68k defconfig and others) failed like this:
> 
> In file included from fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_file.c:40:
> fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_ioctl32.h:50: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'compat_time_t'
> fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_ioctl32.h:79: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'compat_uptr_t'
> fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_ioctl32.h:94: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'compat_uptr_t'
> fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_ioctl32.h:131: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'compat_uptr_t'
> fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_ioctl32.h:142: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'compat_uptr_t'
> fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_ioctl32.h:152: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'compat_uptr_t'
> fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_ioctl32.h:161: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'compat_uptr_t'
> 
> a and few other errors depending on which arch and config.
> 
> I have dropped the xfs tree for today.

My fault, grr.  Christoph sent a patch to fix it which had a problem of
its own, but the sgi guys know about it all and a fix should be in their
tree soon.  Sorry about that!

Thanks,

-Eric