Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for January 19 (DST)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:12:24 -0800

Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> There will be no build results for today's linux-next as our build server
> has failed.
> 
> Changes since 20090116:

DST build fails when CONFIG_BLOCK=n:

In file included from /local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:22:
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/include/linux/dst.h: In function 'dst_bio_to_cmd':
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/include/linux/dst.h:520: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/include/linux/dst.h:520: error: 'BIO_POOL_BITS' undeclared (first use in this function)
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/include/linux/dst.h:520: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/include/linux/dst.h:520: error: for each function it appears in.)
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/include/linux/dst.h:521: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/include/linux/dst.h:522: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/include/linux/dst.h:525: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c: In function 'dst_node_set_size':
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:86: error: implicit declaration of function 'set_capacity'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:88: error: implicit declaration of function 'bdget_disk'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:88: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:93: error: implicit declaration of function 'bdput'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c: In function 'dst_request':
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:102: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:104: error: implicit declaration of function 'bio_get'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c: In function 'dst_bdev_open':
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:114: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c: In function 'dst_bdev_release':
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:122: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c: At top level:
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:128: error: variable 'dst_blk_ops' has initializer but incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:129: error: unknown field 'open' specified in initializer
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:129: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:129: warning: (near initialization for 'dst_blk_ops')
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:130: error: unknown field 'release' specified in initializer
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:130: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:130: warning: (near initialization for 'dst_blk_ops')
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:131: error: unknown field 'owner' specified in initializer
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:131: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:131: warning: (near initialization for 'dst_blk_ops')
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c: In function 'dst_node_create_disk':
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:143: error: implicit declaration of function 'blk_init_queue'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:143: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:147: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:148: error: implicit declaration of function 'blk_queue_make_request'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:149: error: implicit declaration of function 'blk_queue_max_phys_segments'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:150: error: implicit declaration of function 'blk_queue_max_hw_segments'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:153: error: implicit declaration of function 'alloc_disk'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:153: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:159: error: implicit declaration of function 'set_disk_ro'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:171: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:172: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:173: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:174: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:175: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:176: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:176: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:181: error: implicit declaration of function 'put_disk'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:183: error: implicit declaration of function 'blk_cleanup_queue'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c: In function 'dst_node_cleanup':
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:372: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:380: error: implicit declaration of function 'blkdev_put'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c: In function 'dst_setup_export':
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:488: error: implicit declaration of function 'open_by_devnum'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:488: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c: In function 'dst_start_remote':
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:618: error: implicit declaration of function 'add_disk'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:620: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c: In function 'dst_node_remove_unload':
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:696: error: implicit declaration of function 'del_gendisk'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c: In function 'dst_sys_init':
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:928: error: implicit declaration of function 'register_blkdev'
/local/linsrc/linux-next-20090119/drivers/staging/dst/dcore.c:949: error: implicit declaration of function 'unregister_blkdev'

-- 
~Randy