Subject: Re: [ofa-general] [PATCH 2.6.30] RDMA/cxgb3: Remove modulo math.

From: Steve Wise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:32:47 -0600

Roland Dreier wrote:
>  > Note that wr->sg_list[i].addr was being cast to a u32.  That was wrong.
>
> Is it possible for the page to be bigger than 4GB?  If so then yes you
> might be chopping off high-order bits or something.
>   
Yes it is possible.

A MR can be created with an iov_base of say 0xffffffff00000000.

Then any sge.addr entries would be the iob_base + any offset.

> Anyway please send me this change as a separate patch with a changelog
> explaining that you're avoiding the div etc.... I don't want to roll it
> in with the other unrelated fix (which changes code that was never
> upstream anyway).
>   

will do. 

So you are handling the offset patch that will make it u64 and remove 
the mod usage, correct?

I will post a new patch with just this send change.

Steve.