Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for March 11 (tracing)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:36:17 -0700

Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> Changes since 20090310:

Building on i386 generates a ton of printk format warnings:

kernel/trace/trace_events.c:470: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_events.c:470: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 6 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_events.c:470: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 9 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_events.c:470: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 10 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_events.c:470: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 13 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_events.c:470: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 14 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_events.c:470: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 17 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_events.c:470: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 18 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_events.c:470: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 21 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_events.c:470: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 22 has type 'unsigned int'

include/trace/sched_event_types.h:11: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:11: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:21: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:21: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:31: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:31: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:41: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:41: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:53: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:53: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:65: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:65: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:85: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:85: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:98: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:98: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:108: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:108: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:118: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:118: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:128: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:128: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:140: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/sched_event_types.h:140: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'

include/trace/irq_event_types.h:11: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/irq_event_types.h:11: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/irq_event_types.h:21: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
include/trace/irq_event_types.h:21: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'

kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:8: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:8: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:16: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:16: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:25: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:25: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:34: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:34: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:47: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:47: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:60: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:60: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:75: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:75: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:90: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:90: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:105: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:105: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:114: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:114: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:124: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:124: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:132: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:132: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:142: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:142: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:156: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'unsigned int'
kernel/trace/trace_event_types.h:156: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'unsigned int'

-- 
~Randy