Subject: Re: make headers_install broken for ARCH=m68k in 2.6.29-rc7.

From: Greg Ungerer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:34:43 +1000

Hi Rob,

Rob Landley wrote:
> On Monday 16 March 2009 18:10:45 Greg Ungerer wrote:
>>>>    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gerg/m68knommu.git
>>>> fix-includes
> ...
>> Did you get the "fix-includes" branch?
> 
> Quite possibly not.  (I'm not a git person.)
> 
> I did a "git clone git://blah fix-includes" of the branch you gave a URL to, 
> checked for tags and saw nothing particularly interesting, did a log -v and 
> exported an archive of the most recent commit, and built it.
> 
> (Just tried it again with the same result.)
> 
> What _should_ I have done?

The git clone you have done will just get the master branch,
and put it in a directory named fix-includes.

Which is ok, but you still won't have the "fix-includes" branch.
Do this after the clone:

   git pull 
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gerg/m68knommu.git 
fix-includes

Regards
Greg

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Ungerer  --  Principal Engineer        EMAIL:     [email-masked]
SnapGear, a McAfee Company                  PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888
825 Stanley St,                             FAX:         +61 7 3891 3630
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia         WEB: http://www.SnapGear.com