Subject: Re: Next March 25: staging/epl build break.

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:04:00 -0700

Sachin Sant wrote:
> Today's next x86 randconfig build failed with
> 
> drivers/staging/epl/VirtualEthernetLinux.c: In function VEthAddInstance:
> drivers/staging/epl/VirtualEthernetLinux.c:302: error: struct net_device
> has no member named open
> drivers/staging/epl/VirtualEthernetLinux.c:303: error: struct net_device
> has no member named stop
> drivers/staging/epl/VirtualEthernetLinux.c:304: error: struct net_device
> has no member named get_stats
> drivers/staging/epl/VirtualEthernetLinux.c:305: error: struct net_device
> has no member named hard_start_xmit
> drivers/staging/epl/VirtualEthernetLinux.c:306: error: struct net_device
> has no member named tx_timeout

There are lots of build errors similar to this, in appletalk, irda,
tokenring, etc etc...

-- 
~Randy