Subject: Re: linux-next: origin tree build warnings

From: Tyler Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:38:56 -0500

Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:44:36 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> Hi Tyler,
>>
>> Today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig) generated these warnings:
>>
>> fs/ecryptfs/inode.c: In function 'ecryptfs_readlink':
>> fs/ecryptfs/inode.c:670: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 3 has type 'size_t'
>> fs/ecryptfs/inode.c:693: warning: comparison of distinct pointer types lacks a cast
>>
>> Caused by commit 3a6b42cadc112b01daf0525e5fcd90bb333a5bb3 ("eCryptfs:
>> Larger buffer for encrypted symlink targets").
> 
> yup, Randy sent a fix for this today.
> 
> I merged that patch and put it into my "to be merged into 2.6.30 via
> the ecryptfs tree" pile.
> 
> Tyler, if you can't be bothered setting up a git pull for a one-liner
> then feel free to tell me to merge it.
> 
> If you don't do that then I tend to end up sitting on the patch for
> rather a while, sending it at the tree maintainer once every couple of
> weeks.  Sometimes I end up sitting on them after the major kernel
> release, after having sent them to the maintainer several times, which
> is all very sad.  Sometimes I'll get bored of sending them at the
> maintainer and I'll just merge them anyway, depending upon how frisky
> I'm feeling.

Hi Andrew - I see another warning in Stephen's email that should be
addressed, too.  I'll fix that and set up a git pull containing both
fixes a little later today.

Tyler