Subject: Re: [PATCH -next] ia64/sn: fix percpu warnings

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:37:24 +0100

Hello,

Luck, Tony wrote:
> That's what Randy's patch uses ... but doing it the "right" way gives
> me the "has no CRC!" warning.

Ah, right.  I got confused.

> This seems to be a feature of exported per cpu arrays.  If I hack
> up a driver to make use of softirq_work_list, I see a similar
> no CRC warning for it.
> 
> Is this problem in the ia64 tool chain[1]?  Or do other architectures
> have problems with exported per cpu arrays?

kern/softirq.c has the followings.

 DEFINE_PER_CPU(struct list_head [NR_SOFTIRQS], softirq_work_list);
 EXPORT_PER_CPU_SYMBOL(softirq_work_list);

and it doesn't cause any warning on x86 neither does it on ia64 with
defconfig.  softirq_work_list doesn't trigger any warning there,
right?

Thanks.

-- 
tejun