Subject: [PATCH] Staging: IIO: add selection of IIO_SW_RING to LIS3L02DQ as needed

From: Jonathan Cameron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 15:19:17 +0000

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Cameron <[email-masked]>
Reported-by: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
---

 Thanks to Randy for the report. Sorry for the slow response.
 I've been meaning to carefully check for any remaining cases like
 this.
 Here I've kept the selection of IIO_SW_RING separate from
 IIO_TRIGGER as it will go away fairly shortly when the ring buffer
 type becomes configurable on a per device basis, whereas the
 IIO_TRIGGER select will remain. Whether to retain the option to
 remove the support for ring buffers entirely is one for after that
 support is in place.

 Touch wood I think this is the last one, but I'll try a selection of
 unusual combinations now and post others as replies to this email.

 drivers/staging/iio/accel/Kconfig |    1 +
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/staging/iio/accel/Kconfig b/drivers/staging/iio/accel/Kconfig
index 4044663..3d3c333 100644
--- a/drivers/staging/iio/accel/Kconfig
+++ b/drivers/staging/iio/accel/Kconfig
@@ -14,6 +14,7 @@ config LIS3L02DQ
 	tristate "ST Microelectronics LIS3L02DQ Accelerometer Driver"
 	depends on SPI
 	select IIO_TRIGGER if IIO_RING_BUFFER
+	select IIO_SW_RING if IIO_RING_BUFFER
 	help
 	  Say yes here to build SPI support for the ST microelectronics
 	  accelerometer. The driver supplies direct access via sysfs files
-- 
1.6.4.4