Subject: Re: linux-next: kgdb tree build failure

From: Jason Wessel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:58:52 -0600

Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Today's linux-next build (i386 defconfig) failed like this:
>
> drivers/built-in.o: In function `drm_fb_kdb_enter':
> drm_fb_helper.c:(.text+0x6567a): undefined reference to `kgdb_active'
> drivers/built-in.o: In function `drm_fb_helper_free':
> (.text+0x65ec7): undefined reference to `dbg_kms_console_ops_unregister'
> drivers/built-in.o: In function `drm_fb_helper_single_fb_probe':
> (.text+0x6645d): undefined reference to `dbg_kms_console_ops_register'
>
> Clearly, the kgdb patches need some more testing.  Please remove them
> from linux-next until that is done.
>
>   

All the kdb patches were dropped from kgdb-next / linux-next.  All the
embedded type configs build and boot just fine.   The root of the
problem was that there was a gap in testing all the various combinations
where you can builds some things as a module or somethings as a built in.

The error you reported is already fixed, but the code base will not be
resubmitted until a new round of build and boot tests are completed.

Thanks,
Jason.