Subject: Re: linux-next: kgdb tree build warning

From: Jason Wessel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 22:09:00 -0600

Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Today's linux-next build (x86_64_allmodconfig) produced this warning:
>
> kernel/debug/kdb/kdb_bp.c: In function 'kdb_bp':
> kernel/debug/kdb/kdb_bp.c:434: warning: the frame size of 32880 bytes is larger than 2048 bytes
>
> Introduced by commit 16f40ed7bd0ad29dcde7a05b8a07f5ba10937277 ("kdb: core
> for kgdb back end").
>
>   

Using gcc 4.3, I did not see this error.   What compiler or compiler
options did you use to get this?

I assume it means the stack space was exhausted and a casual glance at
the code did not yield anything obvious like a large array on the stack
or anything.  It is conceivable that there is an inline function that is
the source of the problem, but I would like to be able to duplicate it.

Thanks,
Jason.