Subject: Re: [PATCH -next] libs: force lzma_wrapper to be retained

From: Phillip Lougher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 00:55:55 +0000

Randy Dunlap wrote:
> From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
> 
> When CONFIG_SQUASHFS=m and CONFIG_DECOMPRESS_LZMA=m, decompress_lzma
> is built but then discarded from the library because no built-in code
> uses it, so change it from a lib- to an obj- to force it to be kept
> in the library.
> 
> ERROR: "unlzma" [fs/squashfs/squashfs.ko] undefined!
> 

Thanks for fixing this, I should have spotted it in my various
config tests but didn't.  I could add this to my squashfs-next patches
to stop the linux-next tree breakage, however, should it go into
Michal's kbuild -next tree instead?

This patch raises a small additional issue, why is DECOMPRESS_LZMA
(and DECOMPRESS_GZIP/DECOMPRESS_BZIP2) and defined as tristate?
None of the above compressors can be built as modules.

Regards

Phillip