Subject: [PATCH -next] mfd: htc-i2cpld depends on GPIOLIB

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:55:34 -0800

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>

htc-i2cpld should depend on GPIOLIB, otherwise there are many
build errors:

drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:50: error: field 'chip_out' has incomplete type
drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:54: error: field 'chip_in' has incomplete type
drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:243: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__mptr'
drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:243: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:278: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__mptr'
drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:278: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:282: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__mptr'
drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:282: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:315: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:322: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__mptr'
drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:322: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:467+: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type [19X]
drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:490: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpiochip_add'
drivers/mfd/htc-i2cpld.c:504: error: implicit declaration of function 'gpiochip_remove'

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Cc: Samuel Ortiz <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/mfd/Kconfig |    2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

--- linux-next-20100120.orig/drivers/mfd/Kconfig
+++ linux-next-20100120/drivers/mfd/Kconfig
@@ -80,7 +80,7 @@ config HTC_PASIC3
 
 config HTC_I2CPLD
 	bool "HTC I2C PLD chip support"
-	depends on I2C=y
+	depends on I2C=y && GPIOLIB
 	help
 	  If you say yes here you get support for the supposed CPLD
 	  found on omap850 HTC devices like the HTC Wizard and HTC Herald.