Subject: Re: linux-next:als tree build failure

From: Jonathan Cameron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:33:22 +0000

On 01/28/10 12:17, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Jonathan, Jean,
> 
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:59:37 +0000 Jonathan Cameron <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> It does make sense to keep these two steps separate.  Ah well, I guess any
>> work around would be a pretty terrible cludge.  I'll roll these two patches
>> back together and otherwise we will end up with something even less coherent.
> 
> OK, thanks guys.
> 
Everything should now be fixed in the als tree.  New version of the move commit
cleans out the i2c/chips directory and changes the i2c/Makefile and i2c/Kconfig
appropriately.  Only remaining related elements are the debug Kconfig option for
i2c/chips but that can definitely go through the i2c tree rather than als (if there
are no other users) and shouldn't break any builds.

Thanks,

Jonathan