Subject: Re: upcoming percpu changes

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:23:34 +0900

Hello,

On 02/12/2010 08:10 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> A good start would be commit d3f5fa4075414c7754126fbdc7c8fbd3906db7c8
> ("percpu: add __percpu sparse annotations to net").  You would need to
> rebase it on top of net-next and note that "struct macvlan_dev" has been
> moved to include/linux/if_macvlan.h.  Then just send it to DaveM.
> 
> You could also send commit e20b68160144bcacbde008b9cf7df4e1544b2507
> ("percpu: add __percpu sparse annotations to net drivers") along with it.
> 
> Commit 949c49c93a02b62278a63457d0d3192d66e55105 ("percpu: add __percpu
> sparse annotations to x86") can just go to the x86 guys and commit
> 0b6dd45041220083a3692edae5253c35d19bcb2b ("percpu: add __percpu sparse
> annotations to hw_breakpoint") to Frederic Weisbecker.
> 
> Commit eeb721be6bc03fe37755e69ab5c3ba2fe9897fd9 ("percpu: add __percpu
> sparse annotations to trace") needs rebasing onto the tip perf/core
> branch and then could be sent to Steve and co.
> 
> That takes care of most of it and the rest, as you say, we can sort out
> if it becomes a problem.

The changes being basically trivial, it doesn't seem to bring much
benefit but yeah sure I can send those chunks to the maintainers.

Thanks.

-- 
tejun