Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the kgdb tree with the input tree

From: Jason Wessel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:24:21 -0500

On 03/22/2010 10:09 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the kgdb tree got a conflict in
> drivers/char/keyboard.c between commit
> edc6e384f9d96e54a6d03068d3b03fa5b56b6449 ("Input: implement SysRq as a
> separate input handler") from the input tree and commit
> 4e4b600bf7160c11893bc3f4f8da8a70777b23ba ("When issuing an alt-sysrq-KEY
> sequence with the keyboard driver in the")
> from the kgdb tree.
>
> The latter changes code moved to another file by the former.  I don't
> know how to fix this up, so I have just effectively reverted the kgdb
> commit for now - suggestions welcome.
>
> BTW, the author of that kgdb commit is "Jason Wessel Subject: [PATCH]
> <[email-masked]>".
>
>   
I will drop mine for now.  Dmitry and I have differing implementations
to solve the same sort of problem with trapping the sysrq.  I had wanted
to test Dmitry's patch at some point soon.

I had updated kgdb-next to include the RFC patches for the keyboard and
kms code, but it is all removed again until we sort out which
implementation we will roll with.

Thanks,
Jason.