Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the drm tree with the kgdb tree

From: Jason Wessel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 07:25:03 -0500

On 10/12/2010 09:13 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got conflicts in
> drivers/gpu/drm/drm_fb_helper.c, drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c,
> drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nv04_crtc.c, drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nv50_crtc.c,
> drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/atombios_crtc.c,
> drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_legacy_crtc.c,
> drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_mode.h and include/drm/drm_crtc_helper.h
> between commit 92b182171492dc1ac626e6f24ff3a7c917217aa0 ("drm,kdb,kms:
> Add an enter argument to mode_set_base_atomic() API") from the kgdb tree
> and commit 413d45d3627be4748058dea697718ed6fb88bd01 ("drm, kdb, kms: Add
> an enter argument to mode_set_base_atomic() API") from the drm tree.
>
> Supposedly the same patch, but not :-(.  I fixed it up by using the
> version from the drm tree (since that has slightly later author date).
> Hope I got it right :-)
>
> Please sort this out.
>   

Thanks Stephen,

There were 3 version of that particular the patch set before things
settled down.  All the drm patches will be removed from my tree and
fixes will propagate via the drm-core-next tree.

Cheers,
Jason.