Subject: Re: [PATCH] Allow sharing xvmalloc for zram and zcache

From: Nitin Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 04:05:38 +0530

On 02/19/2011 02:55 AM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 04:00:46PM -0500, Nitin Gupta wrote:
>> Both zram and zcache use xvmalloc allocator. If xvmalloc
>> is compiled separately for both of them, we will get linker
>> error if they are both selected as "built-in". We can also
>> get linker error regarding missing xvmalloc symbols if zram
>> is not built.
>>
>> So, we now compile xvmalloc separately and export its symbols
>> which are then used by both of zram and zcache.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Nitin Gupta<[email-masked]>
>
> This doesn't apply to my tree, care to respin it and resend?
>

The new patch:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/2/18/340

applies to staging-next branch of the staging-2.6 tree.

Thanks,
Nitin