Subject: Re: [PATCH] kbuild: Fix passing -Wno-* options to gcc 4.4+

From: Michal Marek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 10:52:27 +0200

On 3.5.2011 02:44, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> HI Michal,
>
> On Mon,  2 May 2011 14:13:01 +0200 Michal Marek<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>>
>> Starting with 4.4, gcc will happily accept -Wno-<anything>  in the
>> cc-option test and complain later when compiling a file that has some
>> other warning. This rather unexpected behavior is intentional as per
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/PR28322, so work around it by testing for support of
>> the opposite option (without the no-). Introduce a new Makefile function
>> cc-disable-warning that does this and update two uses of cc-option in
>> the toplevel Makefile.
>>
>> Reported-by: Stephen Rothwell<[email-masked]>
>> Signed-off-by: Michal Marek<[email-masked]>
>
> This fixed things for me, thanks.
>
> Tested-by: Stephen Rothwell<[email-masked]>

Thanks for spotting the warnings and for testing. I pushed this to 
kbuild-2.6.git#kbuild.

Michal