Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Sept 26 (block/mtip32xx)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 10:31:41 -0700

On 09/26/2011 12:23 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,

This driver has many build errors on i386.  CONFIG_COMPAT is not enabled,
so the compat_ulong_t etc. types are not available, causing beaucoup errors,
like:

drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:95:2: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'compat_ulong_t'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c: In function 'exec_drive_taskfile':
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1656:3: error: 'compat_long_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1656:3: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1663:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1668:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__pu_val'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__pu_val'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__pu_val'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1922:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'out_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__pu_val'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__pu_val'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__pu_val'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: warning: type defaults to 'int' in type name
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:1927:3: error: 'struct mtip_compat_ide_task_request_s' has no member named 'in_size'
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c: In function 'mtip_block_initialize':
drivers/block/mtip32xx/mtip32xx.c:3073:2: warning: passing argument 2 of 'blk_queue_make_request' from incompatible pointer type
include/linux/blkdev.h:815:13: note: expected 'void (*)(struct request_queue *, struct bio *)' but argument is of type 'int (*)(struct request_queue *, struct bio *)'

-- 
~Randy
*** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code ***