Subject: Re: linux-next: interesting merges in the arm-soc tree

From: Nicolas Ferre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 10:48:31 +0100

On 01/04/2012 12:47 AM, Stephen Rothwell :
> Hi all,
> 
> I noticed that the arm-soc tree has merged in the v4l-dvb and the 
> slave-dma trees today.   Is there some good reason for this?  It 
> fixes a few conflicts (but that is not excuse) and there may be 
> dependencies in a driver on the v4l-dvb tree (but maybe that means 
> that that driver should be merged via the v4l-dvb tree - it looks 
> like the "at91/drivers" is based on the v4l-dvb tree, so probably 
> doesn't depend on anything else on the arm-soc tree).
> 
> If nothing else, are you sure that neither of those merged trees 
> will rebase?  You have also just inherited any bugs in those two 
> trees.

We discussed this with Guennadi and Olof and decided to include this
dependency in arm-soc. Anrd and Olof said that the at91/drivers branch
could be merged late during the merge window and will make sure that
the corresponding v4l-dvb branch is actually upstream before sending
the pull request.

Here is the conversation about this:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.kernel/144547/focus=144743

Best regards,
- -- 
Nicolas Ferre