Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Jan 9 (irqdomain.c)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 13:14:28 -0800

On 01/08/2012 10:04 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Changes since 20120106:
> 
> This tree is still broken for sparc64 defconfig (at least).

  CC      kernel/irq/irqdomain.o
In file included from arch/x86/include/asm/prom.h:24:0,
                 from include/linux/of.h:139,
                 from kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:5:
arch/x86/include/asm/irq_controller.h:4:8: error: redefinition of 'struct irq_domain'
include/linux/irq.h:114:8: note: originally defined here
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:20:6: error: conflicting types for 'irq_domain_add'
include/linux/irqdomain.h:92:13: note: previous declaration of 'irq_domain_add' was here
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c: In function 'irq_domain_add':
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:30:2: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'hwirq_base'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:30:2: warning: passing argument 1 of 'irq_domain_to_irq' from incompatible pointer type
include/linux/irqdomain.h:74:28: note: expected 'struct irq_domain *' but argument is of type 'struct irq_domain *'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:30:2: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:30:2: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'hwirq_base'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:30:2: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'nr_irq'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:30:2: warning: passing argument 1 of 'irq_domain_to_irq' from incompatible pointer type
include/linux/irqdomain.h:74:28: note: expected 'struct irq_domain *' but argument is of type 'struct irq_domain *'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:41:13: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:46:18: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'list'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c: At top level:
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:54:6: error: conflicting types for 'irq_domain_del'
include/linux/irqdomain.h:93:13: note: previous declaration of 'irq_domain_del' was here
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c: In function 'irq_domain_del':
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:60:18: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'list'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:64:2: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'hwirq_base'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:64:2: warning: passing argument 1 of 'irq_domain_to_irq' from incompatible pointer type
include/linux/irqdomain.h:74:28: note: expected 'struct irq_domain *' but argument is of type 'struct irq_domain *'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:64:2: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:64:2: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'hwirq_base'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:64:2: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'nr_irq'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:64:2: warning: passing argument 1 of 'irq_domain_to_irq' from incompatible pointer type
include/linux/irqdomain.h:74:28: note: expected 'struct irq_domain *' but argument is of type 'struct irq_domain *'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c: In function 'irq_create_of_mapping':
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:91:2: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'list'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:91:2: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__mptr'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:91:2: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:91:2: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'list'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:91:2: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'list'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:91:2: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'list'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:91:2: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of '__mptr'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:91:2: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'list'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:91:2: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'list'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:92:14: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'ops'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:94:14: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'ops'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:104:2: warning: passing argument 1 of 'irq_domain_to_irq' from incompatible pointer type
include/linux/irqdomain.h:74:28: note: expected 'struct irq_domain *' but argument is of type 'struct irq_domain *'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c: At top level:
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:120:6: error: redefinition of 'irq_dispose_mapping'
arch/x86/include/asm/prom.h:53:20: note: previous definition of 'irq_dispose_mapping' was here
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c: In function 'irq_domain_simple_dt_translate':
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:134:7: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'of_node'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:138:7: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'nr_irq'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:138:35: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'hwirq_base'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:139:22: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'hwirq_base'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:139:38: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'nr_irq'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c: In function 'irq_domain_add_simple':
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:162:8: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'irq_base'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:163:8: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'of_node'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:164:8: error: 'struct irq_domain' has no member named 'ops'
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c: At top level:
kernel/irq/irqdomain.c:186:2: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

Full randconfig file is attached.

-- 
~Randy
*** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code ***